About the Foundation
Aunt Rita’s Foundation is a small foundation with big dreams. The dream is to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic here in Arizona. The foundation raises money for 16 AIDS Service Organizations in Phoenix and the surrounding Valley and works to raise overall awareness and educate the public about HIV/AIDS. The foundation embraces and values accountability, integrity, inclusiveness, diversity, collaboration, and passion.
The organizational structure is straight forward. The Director of Development and the Director of Events report directly to the Executive Director. The Events Coordinator reports to the Director of Events. The two Directors must work closely in a collaborative environment to achieve the goals of the foundation.
The Director of Development’s primary duty is to identify, develop, and lead Aunt Rita’s Foundation’s development programs. This position is responsible for developing and expanding current fundraising strategies to support current event-based fundraising and to develop strategies to support Aunt Rita’s Foundation’s education and awareness program.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with donors, sponsors, Board of Directors, and colleagues. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Foundation’s cause of HIV/AIDS fundraising and education and is committed to the mission of the foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain an ongoing relationship with all current sponsors.
- Research and identify potential new sponsors and funding partners in support of our fundraising events and program.
- Successfully achieve funding goals from donors and sponsors: must identify prospects, cultivate relationships, and provide service and recognition to donors.
- Work with events team to assure that event sponsors’ needs are fulfilled per their sponsor agreements.
- Assist in organizing and managing fundraising events, auctions, and other Aunt Rita’s Foundation Programs as assigned.
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan including tracking and reports for corporate fundraising.
- Work with Director of Events to create a donor management system that achieves the foundation’s objectives.
- Expand and maintain the foundation’s sustained giving program. Develop and implement strategies to maintain a connection to current sustained giving donors and expand the donor base.
- Balance and handle daily deposits of the foundation following the foundation’s Finance Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of education that supports the responsibilities of the Director of Development. (Experience and track record in the development field will be considered as a substitute for a degree.)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in donor development and fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage projects that involve self-direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet goals and deadlines.
- Experience in MS Office and other internet-based programs.
- Flexibility with time – ability to work beyond an 8 hour day or weekends when necessary.
- Maturity, discretion, and a sense of humor.
- 5 or more years of fundraising/development experience encompassing all aspects of fund development including event-based fundraising, annual fund campaigns, major gifts solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Master’s degree in a related field that supports the responsibilities of the Director of Development
- Competitive Salary
- Up to $200 Health Insurance Allowance
- Paid Holidays
- 2 weeks paid vacation
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org